**Please be aware that if you have not completed the below actions, you will not be allowed to train/play**
We are really pleased that England Hockey is now moving towards at Step 5 of their Return To Play Guidance. This means that, with government approval, competitive hockey can be played, both training and matches – outdoor and indoor.
What does this mean for me?
In order to adhere to Government regulations all players & clubs are required to follow Guidelines.
As such, every member who wishes to train/play hockey for Isca HC needs to do the following:
2. Read, understand & sign England Hockey's "Individual Consent for Participating in Hockey under Covid-19 Restrictions" form - University of Exeter students, you will need to make sure you have stated Isca on this form.
3. Make sure you are signed up to our club website and can login. We will be transitioning to selecting players via the website so you will not be eligable for match selection/to attend training if you have not signed up. It is your responsibility to update your availability via the website to let your captain know if you can play or not.
If you have not signed up already, please do so via here: https://iscahockeyclub.clubbuzz.co.uk/join
In addition to the above points, please look at this infographic from EH/read the below info:
Isca HC asks our players to:
- Agree not to attend training/games if they are feeling ill or are showing any Covid symptoms such as a cough, loss of smell etc
- Bring a dark and light shirt to training (preferably black & white) to reduce the need for bibs
- Practice social distancing in groups of 6 or less before and after practice and games and agree not to gather in large groups- All players will arrive changed and depart without using a changing room
- Not mix groups during training
- Avoid physical contact in practice and games, take free hits quickly
- Not to celebrate by touching hands, high fives etc
- Not to touch any equipment with hands
- Turn your mobile phone off when training/playing & keep phones & bags 2m apart whilst playing
Isca HC travel policy under COVID-19 restrictions
Many of our teams have now started playing fixtures. As a result of this, there are inevitably away trips to navigate, and this brings new challenges for us all. Here is a reminder of our club position on travel to matches:
We encourage players to travel with people from their household
If this is not possible, you may share lifts but you must follow government guidance on car sharing (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers), which is to spread out as much as possible, all wear masks, and keep the windows open
If you do not wish to share lifts, you are under no pressure to. We appreciate that these difficult times have brought different challenges and risks to each of us, so everyone must make their own decisions, and they will be respected
We have increased the amount of petrol money available for each game. If you travel separately to games, there is unlikely to be petrol money availabler to all. We will fully reimburse anyone with a car of four players. We will log those who have driven and try to make some payment divided between the squad, up to a number of 5 cars.
However, it is still important to make travel choices based on risk, not for financial reasons
- Please speak with your captain if you have concerns.